Offering 0pen and Honest Professional Advice
1. There are no miracle ways of learning a new language and D.I.Y. methods should be avoided.
Adults cannot learn languages like very young children. There is learning is biologically primary.
2. Children are not glorified voice recorders (Adults are not also.
3. Words are fact, which are stored in semantic memory, they can only be learn consciously, especially novice learners.
4. Facts are not instantly absorb and can be subconsciously learnt.
5. Research suggest that it will take 3 years of daily practice to develop a fluent vocabulary of 500 words in a minority language.
6. Unwillingness of Welsh speakers to speak to Welsh Learners.
7. Most Second Language Learners will Never Achieve Native Like Fluency
8. The need to apply the four language skills
9. The development of vocabualry (Meara)
from Coleman and Klapper
10. de Kayser - language cognitivist - Even university students who are leaning new language struggle to apply their language in everyday language (Pages irregular).